Albany Road Baptist Church has been in existence since 1894 and is a member of the Baptist Union of Great Britain. We are a lively growing Church and our congregation is made up of all ages, races and backgrounds. We currently have 40 countries represented in our congregation.
We are located just down the road from our original location above a stable on Cottrell Road in Cardiff, Wales and have been a vital part of the community since the day our doors opened.
We acquired the land for our present site in 1895 and the new chapel was finished in 1898, however our worship area wasn’t completed until 1932.
In 1971 the school hall was converted into the upper and lower halls on Blenheim Road and the upstairs coffee bar was created. Finally in1994 to celebrate our Church’s centenary, the front entrance of the main church was remodelled to include exterior glass doors and an internal glass screen. This made our worship area and, more importantly, our services visible from the street and became the basis for our motto – ‘Everyone Welcome.’